About the Workshop
How it works:
32 schools drawn from all corners of the USA and Canada will participate. As there is large demand for limited places, early registration is recommended.
32 educational consultants/agents representing approximately 15-20 different countries will also participate, by invitation only.
School profiles and the profiles of each educational consultant/agent will be shared with each party. This information will be released to schools only after payment of the fee to participate in the workshop.
Agents and schools are already in the high season for recruiting students for fall admission, so it is an ideal time for agents to add new schools to their portfolios with the possibility of results in six months. It takes time to build relationships, however, so realistically schools should take the long view when evaluating results.
Each school has 16 appointment slots spread over one-and-a-half days at a central London hotel. A conference room will be provided together with tables and chairs to facilitate the day's event. Tables will be allocated on registration. An electronic appointments system will be in place. The procedure will be as follows: one month before the workshop, when full fees have been paid, schools and agents alike will be provided with a full listing of participants. Appointments can then be scheduled directly by both parties.
The cost of the package for each participating school (for one delegate) includes a standard table, welcome reception, 2 dinners, 1 working lunch, and refreshments during the two days. Participation costs cover the accommodation expenses of those international consultants/agents with whom school delegates will be scheduling appointments. The package costs US$4,950.
NABSW® is also offering a literature distribution option for those schools unable to attend. This option is limited to six schools per workshop, and the fee is US$500. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel accommodation: £199 (equals approximately US$278 as of February 23rd, 2018) bed and breakfast per night, for a double room with single occupancy. You will receive a code upon registration to benefit from negotiated preferential rates; January 1, 2019 deadline.
- NABSW® is delighted to welcome non-workshop-participating spouses/partners to participate in all social events hosted by NABSW® during the course of the weekend. A small cash charge will be made to cover the cost of such catering/refreshments and will be announced in advance.
Once a school has submitted a registration, the cancellation policy will apply. All registrations are considered final and complete; NABSW® cannot accept "provisional" nor "unconfirmed" registrations. If payment has not been made at the time of cancellation, because of tardiness on the part of the participating school, NABSW® will bill institutions based on the following refund policy:
- Requests for refunds on the basis of cancellations must be submitted in writing to NABSW®.
- For a cancellation made in excess of 4 months before the start of the workshop, a full (100%) refund minus a US$200 cancellation fee will apply, except in the case of medical or personal emergencies
- Cancellations made between 3 months and 4 months before the start of the workshop: 80% refund
- Cancellations made between 1 month and 3 months before the start of the workshop: 40% refund
- Cancellations made less than 30 days before the start of the workshop and/or after the electronic scheduling system has gone live, whichever is the earlier: no refund. However, NABS will gladly accept another member of your admissions team from your school to take your place, to mitigate your loss.
- Weather-related refunds cannot be granted.
|Venue:||The Cumberland Hotel|
|Address:||Great Cumberland Place,
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 207 479 3826|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 207 479 3863|
Click here for more details about the venue.
NABSW® ProgramPlease note that this schedule is provisional and subject to change
Friday 1 February, 2019
Arrival and hotel check-in
|3:30pm||Presentation on "American/Canadian education for international consultants" in Green Room 4|
|4pm - 6pm||Registration in Forum Foyer|
|6:45pm||Welcome drinks in Green Room 1|
|7:15pm||Welcome buffet dinner in Green Room 1|
Saturday 2 February, 2019
Venue: The Ocean Room Exhibition Room, adjacent to the Lower Lobby
|09:00am||Hall opens. Set up tables and schedule last-minute appointments.|
|1:00pm||Working lunch in the 'Market Place' dining area (Lower Ground Floor)|
|5:00pm||Exhibition Hall closed (and secured) for the night|
|6:45pm||Drinks and dinner in the Tyburn Room|
Sunday 3 February, 2019
|09:15am||Hall opens. Scheduling of last minute appointments.|
|11:00am||Appointment 15 / Refreshments available in foyer|
|11:30am||Appointment 16 (last appointment)|
|12:00pm||Exhibition Hall closes and workshop ends|
Sunday afternoon and evening opportunities exist for school representatives to schedule interviews with any interested international students resident in the UK, and for school representatives to organize and host independent alumni receptions for families who may be resident in the UK.
NABSW® has contracted the Marcom eSchedule Lite online appointment scheduling solution for this event. This online solution greatly streamlines the appointment scheduling process while giving you full control over your schedule.
In early January 2019, all participants will receive their Marcom eSchedule Lite login information. They will then be able to send appointment requests and schedule meetings with each other via the system. Prior to the workshop, participants will simply need to print the PDF version of their schedule.
Marcom eSchedule Lite is provided and supported by Marcom Connect, the leading provider of appointment scheduling solutions for events. Please visit http://www.marcom-connect.com/ for more information.